Happy Sunday, ladies! I am headed to church this morning, and I’m always thankful to worship with fellow believers.
Today marks 21 years since 9/11. It’s hard to believe it’s been that many years and I’m sure we all remember where we were when that day unfolded.
September 11th reminds us that life is fragile. We aren’t guaranteed tomorrow, and we need to live each day to the fullest.
In John 10:10, Jesus tells us, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
While life is full of ups and downs, we can have an abundant life with Jesus.
I’ve read many of Max Lucado’s books. His books are easy reads, and I like that they are simple and to the point.
One of my favorite of his books is called, In The Eye of The Storm; A Day In The Life Of Jesus.
Max Lucado made a list of how we should live our lives, and these are just a few simple ways to live life to the fullest.
- Love God more than you fear hell.
- Once a week, let a child take you on a walk.
- Make major decisions in a cemetery.
- When no one is watching, live as if someone is.
- Succeed at home first.
- Don’t spend tomorrow’s money today.
- Pray twice as much as you fret.
- Listen twice as much as you speak.
- Only harbor a grudge when God does.
- Never outgrow your love of sunsets.
- Treat people like angels; you will meet some and help make some.
- ‘Tis wiser to err on the side of generosity than on the side of scrutiny.
- God has forgiven you; you’d be wise to do the same.
- When you can’t trace God’s hand, trust His heart.
- Toot your own horn, and the notes will be flat.
- Don’t feel guilty for God’s goodness.
- The book of life is lived in chapters, so know your page number.
- Never let the important be the victim of the trivial.
- Live your liturgy.
None of us are guaranteed tomorrow so let’s choose to live our life loving Jesus and sharing his love with everyone around us.
Have a blessed day!